UPDATED 11 NOV 2023
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The ISAPA23 Committee is responsible for the organisation and delivery of the 2023 International Symposium of Adaptive Physical Activity (ISAPA23) and has engaged akB Conference Management Limited (akB), as the professional conference organiser, to assist with the delivery and organisation. For the purposes of the Terms and Conditions, “we” or “us” is in reference to ISAPA23 and akB.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before purchasing a registration. You should carefully consider the refund, cancellation, switching and substitution criteria. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you may have under the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
These Terms take effect from September 1, 2022.
• Full payment for registration fees must be received prior to the ISAPA23 Symposium.
• All prices are in New Zealand dollars and exclusive of Goods and Services Tax of 15% unless stated otherwise.
• Invoices and receipts are issues in NZD we cannot not issue them in any other currency
• If paying by credit card, you will be required to pay a processing fee of 4%.
• All international transfers payment MUST cover the cost of any bank fees
2. Registration categories
• In person attendance - the delegate attends the symposium in person.
• Video recording – where non-in-person attendees may purchase exclusive videos of all proceedings after the completion of the symposium
3. Switching Your Registration
There may be circumstances in which you may need to change the type of registration you have purchased. Should you purchase Video recordings, but wish to switch to an In-person, the difference between the two registration fees will be payable by the delegate.
Alternatively, if you purchase an in-person registration, but wish to switch to a video recording registration (because you can no longer attend the in-person), you will be refunded the difference in cost between the two registrations (including GST).
Please also take careful note of the deadlines to switch registrations, detailed below.
To switch your registration, please contact us requesting the switch, please use ‘ISAPA23 registration Switch’ in the subject line.
You will not be charged an administrative ‘switch fee’ for any changes made.
Further taxation explanation for international and national delegates
New Zealand Goods and Services Tax (“GST”) of 15% is applied to all goods and services delivered inside New Zealand. This applies to both video services and physical services.
Deadlines to switch passes
You may switch your registration at any time until June 1, 2023, however, please note the Early bird deadline of February 28, 2023. Any switches after this date will incur any additional standard registration fee rates.
4. Transfer Your Registration to Another Attendee
We understand that there may be circumstances where you are unable to attend the ISAPA23 Symposium after you have registered, and you wish to transfer your registration to someone else.
To transfer your pass, please email requesting the transfer, please use ‘ISAPA23 Transfer my Registration’ in the subject line.
You will not be charged an administration for any transfer made.
Registrations can only be transferred once.
5. Cancellations and Refunds
If your circumstances change and you can no longer attend the ISAPA23 Symposium, you may cancel your registration booking by contacting us.
ISAPA23 shall provide a refund, if any, within thirty (30) days of receipt of the cancellation notice. The refund amounts will be calculated as follows:
• for cancellations on or prior to May 1, 2023: we will provide a refund less an administration fee of $125.00 NZD (+ GST if required by law).
• for cancellations after May 1, 2023: no refunds will be provided.
Please note, that cancelling your registration does not automatically cancel your hotel and travel arrangements. Individuals are responsible for cancelling their own hotel and travel reservations and any associated costs.
If, for reasons beyond our control, the ISAPA23 Symposium is cancelled, registration fees will be refunded after the deduction of an administration fee $125.00 + GST (15%)
If, for reasons beyond our control, the ISAPA23 Symposium is postponed to a later date, you will be provided with the opportunity to either retain your registration for use at the postponed date or receive a refund (less an administration fee of $125 NZD + GST (15%).
Click here to view the Privacy & Data Consent Policy.
7. Video and Photograph
By attending the ISAPA23 Symposium in-person, you are confirming consent for any video and photographs taken at the ISAPA23 Symposium, in which you may appear, to be used by ISAPA Secretariat.
8. Information Presented at the Symposium.
• The information presented at the ISAPA23 Symposium is solely intended for those who have registered.
• You understand and agree that you are being provided with the information for educational and informational purposes only and that information will be provided to focus on practical steps we can collectively apply to create opportunities which empower adaptive physical activity.
• You understand and agree that whilst the content is accessible worldwide, some content may be applicable to particular regions only, such as New Zealand.
• Although the ISAPA strive to present only current and accurate information at the ISAPA23 Symposium, you agree not to solely rely on this information or consider it to be any form of professional advice without additional independent review of its accuracy, completeness, efficacy, and timeliness.
• Any decisions as to how you use this information is in your sole discretion and the ISAPA will not be liable for any issues that may arise from such use.
9. Virtual Content Access
You understand and agree that you are accessing the ISAPA23 Symposium videos for your own education and will not provide your log in details to another party or facilitate multiple people to view the meeting content via your device(s).
10. Participant Conduct
You agree to conduct yourself in a professional manner that is free from any form of discrimination, harassment, or retaliation. Any conduct considered inappropriate or discriminatory may result in ejection from either the physical or digital event.
You agree to treat all participants with respect and consideration to create a collegial, respectful, inclusive, and professional environment at the ISAPA23 Symposium both in-person.
For those who attend the ISAPA23 Symposium physically, you must use the NZ COVID Tracer app if required, to scan the specific QR codes displayed. Such QR codes will be located at points of entry. You should not attend ISAPA23 Symposium if subject to any isolation period (for instance, because COVID-19 test results are pending) or if you are feeling unwell. You may also be required to present your vaccine pass to enter the venue.
11. Intellectual Property
All intellectual property in or relating to the ISAPA23 Symposium including (without limitation) materials, graphics, recordings, copyright works and trademarks is owned by ISAPA23 or by third-party content suppliers. You shall have no right to use, sell, reproduce, copy, distribute or otherwise dispose of such intellectual property rights, and you must not allow any third party to reproduce such intellectual property rights.
12. Legal Claim
This agreement is subject to the law of New Zealand. In the event of any legal claims arising from either party, New Zealand shall be the sole court of jurisdiction.
The ISAPA23 reserve the right to modify the programme, which is published as an indication only. Any updates to the programme will be made available on the ISAPA23 Symposium website or copy and paste www.isapa2023.com into your browser.
Video recordings may be made available on the ISAPA website and for distribution to ISAPA Symposium delegates.
15. Review of these Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions may be amended from time to time. Any updates to these Terms and Conditions will be posted to the ISAPA23 website
16. Accompanying Policies
These Terms and Conditions are applied in accompaniment with several other policies, including the Data Collection Policy. If you are a contributor to the ISAPA23 Symposium in another form, including but not withstanding, speakers, chairpersons, or MCs; exhibitors; commercial partners or suppliers; or members of the organising team or board of ISAPA, ISAPA23, akB, you may be